Lyft and Uber Accident Lawyer — Garden Grove, CA
A Trusted Rideshare Accident Lawyer in Garden Grove
Rideshare services such as Lyft or Uber have become extremely popular in suburban neighborhoods such as Garden Grove, and many people utilize such services on a daily basis. Unfortunately, rideshare drivers aren’t immune from car accidents and are just as vulnerable to one as any other driver. If you’ve experienced a car accident while utilizing a rideshare service, contact our legal team today! We’ll help recover compensation for you and your loved ones.
How Can a Lyft and Uber Accident Lawyer Help Me?
Unlike your average auto accident, getting involved with a Lyft or Uber accident can be quite complicated. The laws regarding rideshare services vary depending on the service you were using at the time, and the compensation you are allowed depends on when and how the accident occurred.
Moreover, rideshare accidents often involve multiple parties. Attempting to recover compensation by yourself may mean having to deal with multiple insurance adjusters as well as angry drivers and their respective attorneys.
By working with a Lyft and Uber accident attorney, you’ll be able to rest at ease and have your rideshare accident attorney handle everything related to your case. From insurance negotiations to evidence compilation, experienced personal injury attorneys will be able to fight hard for your accident case. You’ve already been through enough and shouldn’t have to deal with the ensuing stress. You deserve rest.
How Can Grove Accident Lawyers Help Me?
Grove Accident Lawyers is a personal injury law firm that has helped Uber and Lyft accident victims recover millions of dollars for their injuries. Our Uber accident lawyers have won over 99% of their clients’ cases and continue to win for victims underrepresented in Orange County. We utilize proven strategies to compile a strong winning case for our clients, and we aim to recover maximum compensation for every single case.
Moreover, we never charge fees upfront. Should you choose to work with us, you won’t have to pay anything out of pocket towards your accident expenses. We’ll handle all medical bills associated with your Uber or Lyft accident so that you can recover with a peace of mind. You’ll only have to pay a portion of your final settlement if, and only if, we win the case for you. We’ll be your legal representation throughout settlement conferences, negotiations, and court as necessary.
Our Uber and Lyft accident attorneys will review your case 1-on-1 and provide you with legal guidance all the way through. We are here to help you recover the damages you’ve received. Schedule a free consultation today!
Steps to Take if You Were Injured in a Rideshare Accident
Experiencing an accident as a passenger can be extremely frustrating. You may be in a hurry to arrive at your destination, but it is important to remember the following steps after experiencing an accident to maximize your odds of recovering sufficient compensation:
- Call 911 – Check for any injuries you may have sustained. Seek medical attention and call for an ambulance as necessary. Otherwise, ask for police presence. The authorities will be able to assist you with the accident and provide an unbiased accident report. This is a crucial piece of evidence when recovering compensation and should not be overlooked if at all possible.
- Gather evidence – Ask for your rideshare driver’s name, phone number, and insurance coverage information, as well as those of any other parties involved. Document visual evidence by taking photos or videos of the accident scene and your injuries. Moreover, ask for statements should there be witnesses nearby.
- Go to the hospital – Once the authorities give you permission to leave, immediately head to a hospital even if it’s just minor injuries. It is important to have a doctor give you a full medical examination after an auto accident. You may be suffering from internal injuries, and leaving those severe injuries untreated may lead to bigger health issues. Moreover, having a medical checkup always helps create a stronger case for you. For example, by not going to the hospital after an accident, insurance companies may claim that your injuries weren’t serious and therefore try to lower the compensation you deserve.
- Remain silent – An insurance adjuster from the at-fault party will most likely contact you within a few days of the incident. You are not obligated to give them any information. Sharing details of the accident with an insurance company may hurt your case and ultimately lower your final settlement amount. Wait till you hire a lawyer before speaking about the details.
- Hire a Lyft and Uber accident lawyer – Have an experienced personal injury lawyer represent you. The laws regarding Uber and Lyft accidents are complex and involve various regulations imposed by the TNC (Transportation Network Company). Attempting to recover compensation by yourself often leads to costly consequences, and the compensation acquired won’t be enough to sufficiently cover your losses. Qualified Uber and Lyft accident lawyers will be able to fight for maximum compensation and provide you with a stress-free experience.
Our rideshare accident attorneys are diversely experienced with Uber accidents, and we have successfully won hundreds of rideshare cases for accident victims. We work on a contingency fee basis and never ask you to pay anything out of pocket unless we win your case. Contact our law firm today and hear how we can help you.
Common Causes of Rideshare Accidents
There are many requirements for one to become a taxi driver. However, the requirements to become a rideshare driver are surprisingly lax. For instance, a driver only has to be 21 years old and have at least 3 years of driving experience to qualify as an Uber driver. In other words, Uber and Lyft drivers aren’t exactly trained professionals and are prone to auto accidents just as much as any other driver out there.
Uber and Lyft accidents have many causing factors. The roads are full of unpredictable outcomes, and defensive driving should always be practiced. Below are the most common causes of rideshare accidents in Garden Grove:
- Distracted Driving I – Rideshare drivers have to interact with the app in order to pick up as well as drop off passengers. For instance, rideshare drivers have to swipe on their phone in order to accept their next passenger. If they do not swipe in the first few seconds, they can no longer accept the ride and the opportunity is passed on to the next available Uber or Lyft driver. During these few seconds, the driver has to see how much the trip will be worth, how long it will take to complete the trip, and whether or not the trip is worth accepting. As a result, rideshare drivers are forced to take their eyes off of the road, and this can cause an accident to ensue.
- Distracted Driving II – Oftentimes rideshare drivers take their eyes off of the road in order to scan for their passengers or to find their final destination. Lyft or Uber drivers often rely on the app’s ping location feature, which may cause them to be negligent of their surroundings.
- Fatigued Driving – Many drivers in the rideshare business do it for a living and often fail to properly take care of their health. In order to make as much money as possible, many tend to skip breaks and work for hours non-stop. This results in fatigue building up and may cause the driver to doze off while driving, creating dangerous situations for the passenger(s).
- Intoxicated Driving – Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol severely impairs a driver’s senses. Though this should be avoided at all costs, some rideshare drivers unfortunately think otherwise.
- Speeding – Most rideshare drivers have a deadline to keep and therefore try to drop their passengers as soon as possible. For example, Uber offers their drivers “quests” every week. By completing a certain amount of trips within 7 days, drivers are given cash bonuses. As a result, full-time Uber drivers do their best to complete as many rides as possible in order to get ahold of the extra money. Unfortunately, speeding is being perceived as the solution for most drivers.
How Much Is my Uber or Lyft Injury Case Worth?
The worth of your rideshare case depends on who is liable and how serious your injuries are. For example, even if you are a victim in a rideshare accident case, being unable to prove liability may result in your injury case being worth zero dollars. Proving liability is extremely important when it comes to compensation, and this is the reason why it is imperative that you hire an experienced Lyft accident attorney. Below are some of the main factors that may affect your accident case’s value:
- Medical bills – Any past or future medical expenses accrued due to the accident can be recovered. This includes rehabilitation and physical therapy sessions.
- Loss of past and future earning potential – Lost wages caused by the accident is recoverable. Moreover, should any injury sustained from the accident prevent you from carrying out your job, you may be able to get additional compensation.
- Any property damage resulting from the accident – If your laptop, for example, broke due to the impact of the accident, you may be able to get reimbursement.
- Emotional distress – Intangible damages such as emotional suffering can also be compensated for. However, because intangible damages are hard to prove, it is imperative that an experienced lawyer represent you.
- Loss of consortium – You are able to get compensated for loss of consortium if you experienced a loss of companionship with your significant other after the accident.
Give us a call to get an estimation of your case’s worth! We offer free case evaluations as well as legal advice. Let us help recover the damages you’ve received.
Who Pays for a Uber or Lyft Accident?
The liable party’s insurance company is generally responsible for paying for the damages. For example, if you experienced an auto accident due to the negligence of your Uber or Lyft driver, your rideshare driver (as well as their respective rideshare companies) would be responsible for paying for your damages. On the other hand, if another driver was at fault, you’d seek compensation from their insurance company and not from your Uber or Lyft driver.
Rideshare companies such as Uber and Lyft are required to carry a $1million liability coverage for their drivers. In other words, if you got into an accident while utilizing Uber or Lyft’s rideshare service, you will have insurance coverage for up to $1million. However, should another party be responsible for the accident, Uber or Lyft won’t be taking responsibility. The only exception is if the other party is uninsured. In this case, most rideshare companies provide uninsured motorist coverage.
Overall, if you were injured in a ridesharing accident, you will be eligible for compensation regardless of who was at fault. However, whether you get minimum or maximum compensation will depend on the severity of the accident as well as the quality of the lawyer you hire. Should you have any questions regarding your case, give us a call! We are always happy to help.
Dangerous Roads and Intersections in Garden Grove CA
Garden Grove is an ethnically diverse city with hundreds of unique cafes and restaurants. It is a popular destination for theater enthusiasts and is known for its large Asian population. Garden Grove has a population of more than 170,000 (2021). As a result, rideshare services are heavily used by its residents, and traffic can get heavy throughout the city. Below are several roads in Garden Grove where precautions should be taken:
- Magnolia Street
- Chapman Avenue
- Lampson Avenue
- Garden Grove Boulevard
- Interstate 22
Schedule a Free Consultation With Us!
Grove Accident Lawyers is here to help accident victims recover the compensation they deserve. We do not wish for accident victims to go underrepresented in any way. We work hard to bring satisfying results for our clients and always have the best interest of our clients in our minds. Schedule a free case evaluation today and hear how we can help!