Truck Accident Lawyer — Garden Grove, CA
A Trusted Trucking Accident Lawyer
in Garden Grove
Trucking accidents often happen out of nowhere and leave a devastating scene for accident victims. If you or your loved ones were injured by a negligent truck driver, Grove Accident Lawyers is here for you. Do not suffer the consequences of a trucking accident alone! Let us help you recover proper compensation. Our Garden Grove truck accident lawyer will fight hard for your legal rights.
Why You May Need a Garden Grove Truck Accident Lawyer
If you are a victim in a recent trucking accident, you may think compensation is easy to obtain by yourself. And you may be right! However, the compensation you receive will most likely be on the lower end. Recovering maximum compensation without proper legal representation is highly unlikely. The settlement you receive may seem sufficient at first, but it is often nowhere enough to cover your past and future medical bills as well as any lost wages resulting from the accident.
Most trucks on the road belong to trucking companies, and such companies aim to make as much money as possible. In other words, what matters the most to them isn’t your well-being but staying in profit. They have a team of experts well-versed in the art of communication and will do everything in their power to lower the payment you deserve. Unfortunately, many truck accident victims fall for this trap and end up with a mountain of medical bills to pay.
You deserve so much more. Why should you deal with new financial burdens for an accident that wasn’t your fault to begin with? Why should you have to suffer through the consequences of someone else’s negligent driving? We understand the frustrations truck accident victims are experiencing, and we are here to help ease the burdens imposed on you. Let us be of service to you. Have a Garden Grove truck accident attorney represent you today!
Why Hire Grove Accident Lawyers?
Our truck accident attorneys represent accident victims all over Orange County and have successfully done so for many years. Millions of dollars were recovered, and many of our clients have been able to return to their daily lives without much trouble. The moment you become a client of ours is the moment we take care of everything related to your accident.
Moreover, unlike generic law practitioners, our personal injury law firm solely focuses on motor vehicle accident-related cases. As a result, we have become very good at recovering maximum compensation for our clients. We are winners in this field, and the results speak for themselves. Our truck accident lawyers have constantly won over 99% of the cases given to them and continue to do so for accident victims in Garden Grove.
Let us be your legal representation. We are here to help you. We do not settle for low compensation and always have the best interests of our clients in mind. Schedule a free consultation by contacting our law offices! One of our experienced truck accident lawyers will review your case 1-on-1 and provide you with legal guidance.
What to Do After a Truck Hits Me?
Due to the difference in size and weight, it is imperative that you take precautionary measures as soon as possible. Trucks, especially commercial trucks, are several times heavier than the average passenger vehicle. As a result, an impact with one can be deadly and may leave victims with permanent damage. Here’s what our truck accident attorneys suggest you do after a truck crashes onto you:
- Seek Medical Attention – Immediately call for help via 911 if a truck collides with your vehicle. Serious injuries are a very possible outcome, and medical attention should be sought after as soon as possible. Ask for an ambulance as necessary. Otherwise, proceed to the next step.
- Call the Police – Call 911 or the California Highway Patrol and have the police arrive at the accident scene. This is an extremely important step and should not be overlooked should the circumstances allow it. The authorities will be able to provide a police report, which can then be used as evidence should the case escalate to litigation. The police will also be able to provide basic medical support as necessary.
- Gather Evidence – While waiting for the police to arrive, try to gather as much information as possible. Ask for the truck driver’s name, phone number, and any other relevant information such as his or her insurance/company information or truck plate number. Capture the accident scene with your phone and document any injuries you may have sustained. Lastly, ask for statements from nearby witnesses.
- Remain Silent – After you acquired the necessary evidence, try to refrain from speaking about the details of the accident, especially to the liable party’s insurance company. Furthermore, do not admit fault under any circumstance. A simple “I’m sorry” may be used against you and weaken your case. Even if you may be the victim, your admission of fault may make you ineligible for compensation. It is best to refrain from the details until you find yourself an experienced personal injury attorney.
- Go to the Hospital – Once the authorities give you permission to leave, head to a nearby hospital and have a doctor give you a full medical examination. Even if you may think it isn’t necessary, you may have sustained internal injuries. If left untreated, internal injuries may cause permanent damage and can even cause an untimely death.
- Consult with a Lawyer – Have an experienced truck accident lawyer represent you. Trucking accidents are more complicated than your average auto accident. You may have to deal with mega corporations as well as any of their respective lawyers. They are professionals in the field and know how to take advantage of accident victims. Let us help you recover proper compensation. You deserve it.
We are here to help you. Give us a call today and we’ll guide you all the way through. Our experienced personal injury lawyers are ready to fight hard for your rights.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
The majority of commercial truck accidents are preventable and are mainly caused by negligent truck drivers. A little discipline can save lives in the long run. Here are some of the most common causes of truck accidents in Garden Grove:
- Speeding – Many truckers have a deadline to meet and may pass the speed limit in an attempt to meet such demands. Speeding is a dangerous habit, especially for truck drivers, because of how trucks are built. Unlike a passenger vehicle, trucks aren’t made to speed through roads. They are designed to carry heavy loads of equipment, and speeding under such conditions may cause the driver to lose control of the vehicle due to the momentum it builds. For example, while sudden brakes are possible with passenger vehicles going 65+ mph, it would take trucks several times longer to come to a stop. 55 mph is the legal speed limit for semi truck drivers in California, yet many truckers can be seen driving past it.
- Distracted Driving – Texting while driving is illegal, unethical, and should be avoided at all costs. This is especially true for truck drivers due to the size of their vehicles. Driving trucks while distracted is a huge hazard for other motorists on the road. A few seconds of distraction can cause multiple fatalities.
- Drowsy Driving – Truck drivers are often required to drive for long periods of time. And while they are required to take rest stops, some decide to ignore such requirements. For instance, truckers in the state of California are legally required to take a break after 12 hours of driving. Yet, many truckers break such rules and continue on driving. As a result, hours of driving can lead to a buildup of fatigue and cause drowsiness. It is important to take rest stops as much as necessary and to not push one’s body to the limit!
- Vehicle Malfunction – Unlike other motor vehicles, trucks carry a huge amount of cargo and travel for thousands of miles every week. As a result, frequent maintenance is necessary. Failure to properly maintain a truck may lead to the truck malfunctioning, which in turn may cause fatal accidents. It is every employer’s responsibility to maintain their vehicles.
- Unsecured Cargo – Any unsecured cargo may fall out onto the road, which then becomes road hazards for other motorists. This is extremely dangerous for the other drivers on the road. It may cause the drivers to swerve, which then may lead to collisions with other vehicles. Such accidents can be prevented with a simple checkup before takeoff.
- Overloaded Cargo – A truck with an overloaded cargo can also cause an accident to happen. When a truck is overloaded with weight, it may lead to tire blowouts which may cause the truck to rollover. And when a truck rollovers in the middle of a highway, it often leads to devastating accidents.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
Commercial trucks abound on California highways. And while they are an important part of our economy, they also are a potential deadly hazard for other drivers out there. Therefore it is important to be aware of the common types of truck accidents that occur today. Below is a list of some of the most common types of truck accidents in Garden Grove:
- Blind Spots
- Tire Blowouts
- Lane Change
- Brake Failure
Truck Accident Injuries
Truck accidents are much deadlier than the average automobile collision. Trucks are several times heavier than a passenger vehicle, and an impact between the two often leads to disastrous outcomes. For example, a mid-sized passenger vehicle weighs approximately 3,500 pounds. On the other hand, a fully loaded 18 wheeler commercial truck may weigh up to 80,000 pounds.
As a result, it is apparent how deadly a collision can be for the occupants of the passenger vehicle. Truck accident victims are often left with severe and long-lasting injuries, such as the following:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Back and Neck Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Internal Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Wrongful Death
How Much Is My Truck Accident Injury Case Worth?
The value of your truck accident case depends on the severity of one’s injuries as well as liability. The more serious your injuries, the more compensation you may be able to recover. For example, if you’ve been permanently disabled due to a negligent driver, you may be eligible for a higher settlement amount compared to other injuries.
However, liability must be proven before any compensation is given out. Even if the truck driver may be 100% at fault, concrete objective proof must be provided in order to be eligible for maximum compensation. This is why it is important to hire a qualified truck accident attorney to represent you. An experienced attorney will be able to compile the right evidence in order to create a strong winning case for you.
Our personal injury law firm has been able to recover millions of dollars for our clients in the following areas:
- Current and future medical bills
- Lost wages and lost future earning potential
- Property damage
- Emotional distress
- Punitive damages
- Wrongful Death
In order to get an estimation of your truck accident case’s worth, we’d need access to relevant information regarding the accident. Call us now to schedule a free consultation! Our legal team is always on standby and ready to answer your questions 24/7, 7 days a week.
Dangerous Intersections in Garden Grove
Garden Grove is home to one of the largest Vietnamese-American communities, second only to San Jose. It is a vibrant community with beautiful architecture and is known for its annual festivals such as the Strawberry Festival. Many people visit the cities due to its many attractions, and therefore it is best to be aware of dangerous intersections such as the following:
- Magnolia Street
- Lampson Avenue
- Garden Grove Boulevard
- Intestate 22
Contact our Law Firm Today
Get in touch with our law firm today and see how we can help you! You deserve proper compensation and should not have to deal with the physical, emotional, and financial stress imposed on you through a trucking accident. Let us do all the heavy lifting for you while you focus on more important things, such as your health.