Motorcycle Accident Attorney — Garden Grove, CA
Getting Legal Representation For Your Motorcycle Accident
As much as riding a motorcycle is fun and convenient, it is one of the most dangerous methods to transport from one place to another. Motorcycle accidents often involve fatal injuries, and many times motorcyclists end up with permanent disabilities. It is important to note, however, that according to statistics most motorcycle-related accidents are caused by other motorists. If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle crash caused by the negligent actions of another driver, have a Garden Grove motorcycle accident lawyer represent you!
Why You May Need a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
As mentioned previously, most motorcycle accidents are caused by the negligent actions of another driver. Motorcyclists have the same rights on the road just like any other driver, and yet many motorists fail to comprehend this and look down on riders. As a result, even if an accident was caused by negligent motorists, the blame is often shifted to motorcyclists.
As if dealing with the accident isn’t enough, you may have to take responsibility for an accident caused by someone else. Motorcyclists deal with such misfortune all the time, and without proper legal representation it may be hard to recover sufficient compensation for your damages. Even if the other driver was clearly in the wrong, it is hard to press charges against the liable party without objective proof.
By hiring an experienced motorcycle accident attorney, you won’t have to stress about any false charges against you. An experienced personal injury attorney will be able to compile a strong case for you and may be able to recover maximum compensation as well. Unlike civilians, seasoned attorneys have experience with such cases and are able to take advantage of the law towards your best interests. Utilize our legal services for your best interests.
Why You Should Hire our Garden Grove Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Unlike other law firms, Grove Accident Lawyers is an award-winning personal injury law firm and has exclusively specialized in motor vehicle accidents for years. On the other hand, generic law practitioners accept all kinds of cases and therefore their focus is often split into multiple areas.
Our motorcycle accident lawyers have won over 99% of our client’s accident cases, and we have successfully recovered millions of dollars from the liable party’s insurance company. We are experienced in this field and have represented a multitude of accident victims in Garden Grove.
Furthermore, we do not charge any legal fees until we win your case. We understand the frustrations associated with motorcycle accidents and do not wish to burden motorcycle accident victims with additional financial responsibilities. Why should you suffer for an accident that wasn’t your fault? Have a legal professional handle all aspects of your accident claim. From filing legal paperwork to negotiating with insurance adjusters, let us help you relieve your burdens. We will work hard towards your case’s victory. Contact our law offices today and see how we can help you or your loved ones.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident?
Getting involved in an accident while riding a motorcycle is a haunting experience and is often associated with serious injuries. Should you find yourself in such a situation, we recommend following the steps below:
- Relocate to a safe location – A collision with another motorist may place you in a dangerous location (e.g. the middle of a highway). Try to relocate to a safer location as soon as possible. Also, try to move your motorcycle away from traffic as well. This will prevent further collisions and lowers the chances of creating an even more dangerous situation.
- Seek medical help – Unlike victims in car accidents, motorcyclists do not have chunks of steel or an airbag to soften the impact. As a result, severe personal injuries are common and may lead to further health issues if not promptly treated. Therefore, it is imperative that you seek medical help as soon as possible. Call an ambulance as necessary. If there are no serious injuries, proceed to the next step.
- Call the authorities – You should always call the police after an accident. This step should never be skipped. Having the police come to the accident scene will help calm the situation down. Moreover, they’ll be able to provide an accident report which can then be used as proof against the liable party. Obtaining an accident report will help your chances of maximizing compensation.
- Gather evidence – Once you’ve called the police, try gathering evidence while waiting. For example, taking pictures of videos of the accident scene may be used as visual evidence should the liable party claim otherwise. If there are any witnesses available, ask for their statements as well as their contact details. It is important to have the contact details of everyone involved, including the reporting police officer as well as the driver at fault.
- Visit a doctor – Once the police give you permission to leave, have a doctor perform a thorough medical examination on you. You never know what internal injuries you may have sustained from the accident. Your health should always take top priority. Once you are done, make sure to keep records of the receipts. Should you not visit a hospital immediately after an accident, insurance companies may start arguing that your injuries weren’t as serious and try to lower your deserved compensation.
- Talk with a lawyer – Having a personal injury lawyer by your side will significantly help your accident case. Motorcycle accident attorneys will be able to give you legal advice on how to increase your case’s potential worth. For example, you should never talk about the details of your accident to any other party, especially to the liable party’s insurance company. They may use your words against you, and eventually you may be ineligible for any compensation. By hiring an experienced personal injury lawyer, you’ll be able to focus on your health.
Let our legal team handle the financial aspects of your motorcycle accident. We will work hard to recover maximum compensation for you. We are here to help you.
How Much Is My Motorcycle Accident Worth?
How much you can recover from your motorcycle accident depends on a variety of factors such as who caused the accident (liability) as well as how the accident occurred. Below are some of the areas our motorcycle accident lawyers have been able to successfully recover damages in:
- Medical bills – Any past or future medical expenses associated with your motorcycle accident may be recovered.
- Lost income – If you’ve had to rest work due to your injuries, you may be eligible for compensation. Moreover, if you’ve sustained injuries serious enough preventing you from doing your job, you may be able to gain compensation for lost future earning potential.
- Property damage – Any repair costs related to your motorcycle accident can be recovered with our personal injury lawyers.
- Intangible damages – Intangible damages such as emotional trauma or deteriorated quality of life can be used as leverage to increase your claim’s worth.
If you are curious about the value of your motorcycle accident’s claim, contact us today for a free case evaluation. One of our motorcycle accident attorneys will go over your case 1-on-1 and provide free consultation as well as legal guidance.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents are often caused by the negligence of other motorists and can be prevented with a little bit of discipline. According to statistics, the number of motorcycle fatalities in Southern California have been on the rise and are continuing to go up throughout the years. Compared to 2010, motorcycle fatalities have increased by more than 17%. This is why it is important to be aware of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents, as listed below:
- Negligent Drivers – Did you know that in 2019 more than 79% of motorcycle fatalities had alcohol involved? It is every driver’s duty to drive responsibly, and driving while intoxicated should never happen no matter the circumstances. Besides intoxicated driving, there are also a lot of different kinds of negligent driving, such as drowsy or distracted driving. Taking one’s eyes off the road just for 5 seconds can cause a severe collision with an oncoming motorcyclist.
- Blind Spots – Motorists often fail to see upcoming motorcycles due to their small size. Therefore, it is always best to be situationally aware of one’s surroundings.
- Road Hazards – Sometimes motorcycle accidents are caused by road hazards. Examples include potholes, broken cargo pieces, debris, and more. Because motorcycles operate with two wheels only, it may be hard to find balance when going through such road hazards. It may put the rider off balance, making it hard to properly steer the motorcycle. Should you find yourself in an accident caused by road hazards, you may be able to recover damages by filing a claim against the city with one of our accident lawyers.
- Improper Repairs – If you’ve experienced an accident due to your motorcycle malfunctioning, you may be able to press charges against the responsible mechanic. For example, if you’ve recently had your motorcycle maintained and got into an accident due to faulty brakes, a personal injury claim may be filed against the mechanic.
If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident caused by another party’s negligence, let us help protect your legal rights. Our motorcycle accident lawyers have successfully won large settlements for other motorcycle accident victims and you may be eligible for such compensation as well.
How to Prevent Motorcycle Accidents
Even if 99% of all the drivers out there drive responsibly, all it takes is one bad driver to cause multiple accidents. However, it is possible to significantly lower the chances of getting into a car accident by being situationally aware. By being aware of one’s surroundings, it may give the rider more time to react and therefore prevent an accident. For example, if a negligent driver tries to switch lanes, you may be able to prevent an accident altogether by avoiding the car or by slowing down.
Though motorcyclists share the same rights on the road as other drivers, it is best to understand that many drivers do not think likewise. Therefore, it is in your best interests to avoid the blind spots of other drivers to lower your overall chances of getting into an accident. After all, isn’t it better to not get into an accident in the first place?
Finally, it is best to always wear protective gear. Though it won’t prevent an accident from happening, it may protect you from severe injuries. Always practice precaution and stay vigilant!
Dangerous Roads in Garden Grove
Due to its highly populated areas, Garden Grove can be a dangerous city to drive in. Motorcyclists have to be especially careful due to the many unexpected situations they may find themselves in, such as negligent pedestrians. Here are some of the most dangerous roads in Garden Grove:
- Magnolia Street
- Chapman Avenue
- Lampson Avenue
- Garden Grove Boulevard
- Interstate 22
We Are Here to Help You
We understand the frustrations many motorcyclists have to go through and do not wish for any accident victim to go underrepresented. Recover proper compensation today by letting our motorcycle accident lawyers bring justice to your case. We will never charge anything until we win your case. Contact us today for more information.