Pedestrian Accident Lawyer — Garden Grove, CA
Did You Sustain Injuries in a Pedestrian Accident?
If you sustained serious injuries or lost a loved one in a Garden Grove pedestrian accident, it’s crucial to seek medical attention immediately and speak with an experienced pedestrian accident lawyer as soon as possible. Pedestrian accident victims often suffer catastrophic injuries that may require extensive medical treatment and rehabilitation.
At Grove Accident Lawyers, we are dedicated to advocating for personal injury victims and have won millions of dollars in compensation for our clients. Our pedestrian accident lawyers maintain a 99% percent success rate and have a track record of obtaining the maximum compensation available. Call our Garden Grove law firm to schedule your no-risk, free consultation today.
Do You Need a Personal Injury Lawyer in Garden Grove, CA?
After a pedestrian accident, injured victims are often left with severe injuries, extensive medical bills, lost wages, mental distress, and pain and suffering. Medical expenses can include rehabilitation and ongoing medical costs. The driver’s insurer may try to reach out and offer a low settlement. It’s best to consult with a pedestrian accident lawyer to ensure your rights and best interests are protected. The insurance company is motivated by its bottom line and will try to minimize its liability.
Additionally, you may not know the full extent of your injuries and losses. The other party’s insurer may downplay your injuries, especially if your car accident injuries have not all manifested yet. Insurance adjusters are well-trained to find reasons to assign you a share of the blame or deny your personal injury claim entirely.
At Grove Accident Lawyers, our experienced personal injury attorneys know how to deal with large corporations and insurance companies and will help you recover a fair settlement. We have connections to the top providers in Garden Grove, CA. We will help you get the medical care you need and will represent you in court, if necessary, to help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
Who is at Fault For Pedestrian Accidents in California?
In California, the fault is determined by a legal doctrine called pure comparative negligence. This means that injured victims are able to pursue compensation in a personal injury claim, even if they are partially at fault. In most pedestrian accident cases, generally, the driver is at fault. However, both the driver and the pedestrian have a duty of care to uphold.
In order to have a successful personal injury case, the plaintiff must prove that the defendant owed them a duty of care, that the defendant breached that duty, and that their breach caused the plaintiff’s injuries and damages.
Duty of Care
The duty of care is the legal obligation for individuals to take reasonable care to avoid causing injury or harm to others. Motor vehicle drivers have a duty of care to pedestrians to operate their vehicles safely, follow traffic laws, and avoid car accidents. Pedestrians have a duty of care to use crosswalks at intersections and cross the street in a safe manner.
Breach of Duty of Care
Breach of the duty of care occurs when a person fails to uphold the duty of care. For example, a driver may breach their duty of care by speeding, driving under the influence, or distracted driving.
The plaintiff must prove that the defendant’s negligence was a direct cause of their injuries.
Damages are the losses that the plaintiff suffered as a result of the defendant’s negligence. Losses can include medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and emotional distress.
If you sustained catastrophic injuries in a pedestrian accident, it is important to speak with a Garden Grove personal injury attorney as soon as possible. An experienced attorney can help you calculate your losses, prove negligence and hold the at-fault party accountable.
What to Do After a Pedestrian Accident in Garden Grove, CA
A pedestrian accident victim should take the following actions after a pedestrian accident:
1. Assess Your Injuries
Seek medical attention immediately, even if you believe you sustained minor injuries. It’s important to get checked out by a medical professional. Pedestrian accidents can cause injuries that are not immediately apparent, such as internal bleeding or head injuries.
2. Call the Police
Call 911 and wait for the police to arrive. The police will need to come to the scene of the accident to file a report. This report will be important if you decide to file a personal injury lawsuit.
3. Get the Driver’s Information
Obtain important information including the driver’s name, address, phone number, and insurance information. You should also get their driver’s license and the vehicle’s license plate number.
4. Seek Medical Attention
Even if you don’t think you’re hurt, it’s important to get checked out by a doctor. Follow your prescribed treatment plan and keep all of your medical records safe. These records are vital evidence in a personal injury lawsuit.
5. Take Photos of the Scene
If possible, take photos and videos of the accident scene. Ensure you document your injuries, the scene of the accident, property damage, and damage to the vehicle involved.
6. Get Witness Statements
If there are any witnesses to the accident, get their contact information and ask if they are willing to provide a witness statement.
7. Hire an Experienced Pedestrian Accident Attorney
It’s best to consult an experienced attorney after a pedestrian accident to ensure your legal rights are protected. An attorney can help you understand your legal options and fight for the financial compensation you deserve. Here are some additional tips for pedestrian accident victims:
- Do not talk to the other driver’s insurance company. The insurer is not looking out for your best interests. They are only trying to minimize their liability.
- Do not sign any documents without first talking to an experienced attorney. The insurer may try to get you to sign a document that releases them from liability.
Common Injuries Suffered in Pedestrian Accident Cases
Pedestrian fatalities have increased by 13% since 2020 and account for 17% of all traffic accident fatalities. In Orange County, there were 12,798 victims killed and injured in traffic accidents. Pedestrians accounted for 591 of these victims. Common pedestrian accident injuries include the following:
- Head injuries: The impact of a car accident can cause head injuries like mild concussions or a traumatic brain injury. Head injuries can cause a variety of problems, including headaches, dizziness, memory loss, and personality changes.
- Spinal cord injuries: Trauma to the spine can result in injuries like herniated and ruptured discs. Spinal cord injuries are often severe and can cause paralysis and other debilitating injuries.
- Whiplash: This kind of injury is common in car accidents and is caused by a sudden and forceful movement of the head. Whiplash can cause a variety of symptoms, including pain, stiffness, and headaches.
- Broken bones: This is a common injury sustained in car accidents due to pedestrians not having any protection. These kinds of injuries can cause pain, swelling, and difficulty moving the affected area.
- Internal injuries: Internal injuries can occur when the organs inside the body rupture or collide with other structures in the body. These kinds of injuries are often sustained due to the force of impact with seatbelts, airbags, and steering wheels. Internal injuries can cause a variety of problems, including bleeding, bruising, and organ failure.
These are just a few of the most common injuries sustained in personal injury cases. The severity of an injury can vary depending on the circumstances of the accident.
What Damages Can Pedestrian Accident Victims Recover?
Economic damages are objective financial losses that are typically easy to calculate and can include the following:
- Medical expenses: This includes the cost of medical care, such as ambulance rides, hospital bills, rehabilitation, and prescription drugs.
- Lost wages: This includes the income you lost due to missed work because of your injuries. It can also include future wages that will be lost due to being unable to work.
- Property damage: This includes the cost of repairing or replacing personal property that was damaged in the accident, such as clothing or cell phones.
Non-economic damages are more subjective in nature and difficult to calculate. These kinds of damages can include the following:
- Pain and suffering: This is the physical and emotional pain you experience and can include loss of enjoyment of life, disfigurement, depression, and grief.
- Mental distress: This is the mental anguish you experience as a result of your injuries.
- Loss of consortium: This is the loss of companionship and intimacy with your spouse or partner and can include loss of love, support, services, and comfort.
What is Your Garden Grove Pedestrian Accident Claim Worth?
The value of a Garden Grove pedestrian accident claim can vary depending on the severity of the injuries sustained, the amount of medical expenses incurred, lost wages, and pain and suffering. In general, personal injury cases involving severe injuries or wrongful death have a higher settlement value. Most personal injury claims don’t go to court. However, if your case goes to trial, it’s best to have an experienced trial lawyer on your side who can help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Contact Our Top-Rated Personal Injury Lawyers in Garden Grove, CA
If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident, don’t hesitate to contact our top-rated personal injury lawyers in Garden Grove, CA. We will fight for your rights and get you the compensation you deserve. Our Orange County personal injury law firm has a proven track record of success and has helped many injured victims recover fair compensation. We will work tirelessly to help you recover the best possible outcome for your case.
Our personal injury law firm specializes in auto accident cases pertaining to pedestrian accidents, car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, rideshare accidents, bicycle accidents, and wrongful death. We offer a free initial consultation, so there is no risk in contacting us. Contact Grove Accident Lawyers today to review your case and discuss your legal options. Our personal injury attorneys are here to help you get the justice you deserve.
Contact Grove Accident Lawyers Today
Our Garden Grove law firm offers a no-risk, free initial consultation and we proudly serve Garden Grove and the greater Orange County area. Our legal team is available 24/7 to assist you. Call us today to schedule a free consultation.